23 May 2009

the minister

we met this minister.
she is a stunning woman.
full of grace and peace and strength.
she began a ministry for those around her community that caters to children who have lost family members. the program uses art therapy to help children cope.
i was so inspired.
i don't always know why I am inspired. Why do I want to do everything? and why am I only human? There are so many people to help. Orphanages, Homeless people, my neighbor's next door.
I am only human.
I am only human.
And being only human, I am called to love my neighbor. My near-dweller. I am called to respond to the first face I see. Self-forgetting, other-loving.
Thank you Kierkegaard, Levinas, Jesus.
I am reminded that their is grace. But that always people will need love. So I can never stop. We can never stop. This need for love is a-satiable.

The sweet minister I mentioned earlier offered Rachel and I her home to stay in for the next 10 days.
She loved, and how gleeful I am!

:)

4 comments:

rebel. design said...

We shall love our neighbors together! And say SEE YA's to 12 of them TOMORROW... AAHHH! I am so excited to find new neighbors and have sweet adventures with you!!!

your fellow human,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

MEGS! This sounds so great. You're love is amazing, but only HIS is Enough, so remember that. I love you my friend.

Anonymous said...

the anonymous is devyn....

Unknown said...

oh how I long to meet your minister friend!
On sunday I taught the girls at church of unconditional, passionate, romantic love for God's children, the same he holds for us. How I wish you were there to love them with me.
Have sooooooo much oober fun! Tell Rach that I miss her completely and I am so excited for her return.